The Jazzschool is a unique nonprofit institution, bringing immense joy to young people and adults of all musical interests and skill levels. The Jazzschool has served thousands of Bay Area music students, from the hobbyist to the aspiring professional, and is a creative environment where there’s something for everyone.
- Large and small ensembles in our Young Musicians Program are routinely recognized by DownBeat magazine and the Monterey Next Generation Jazz Festival. National competitions provide gifted students with the opportunity to become jazz masters of the future.
- Many of the musicians in our adult ensembles have full-time occupations and hectic family lives. Jazzschool courses provide convenient touchpoints with the music that’s close to their heart. Students frequently remind us how important the Jazzschool is to them, providing enrichment and a sense of purpose.
- Workshops, led by visiting artists and Jazzschool faculty, allow for intensive, short-term focus on specific aspects of music theory and performance. Only the Jazzschool offers a year-round schedule and such an array of learning options.
- The Jazzschool Institute’s four-year degree program is designed to train the aspiring professional jazz musician. The Institute proudly graduated its first class with the Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies in fall 2012. Now in our fifth year, we are working steadily to build our reputation as one of the country’s top music schools.
- With seating for 100, the Jazzschool contains an intimate concert venue where you can hear high-caliber performances from guest artists, faculty and students at affordable prices.
With the help of people like you, we keep all our fees and prices affordable so we can serve the widest variety of students from all backgrounds. When you decide where to spend your contribution dollars, re-member that the Jazzschool is the organization most clearly dedicated to the preservation and growth of jazz — America’s indigenous art form, heard around the world.
To make a tax-deductible gift to the Jazzschool, see the various options on the left menu. Or, contact Susan Muscarella at firstname.lastname@example.org and 510.845.5373.